DescriptionBeach Clean - Notice - Newhaven Beach Clean provisionally moved to 25th March
Beach Clean Health & Safety Advice
- Heavy Duty Gloves are recommended, you will encounter broken glass and various sharps.
- For sharps either carry a suitable container and/or nominate a team member to collect them. They should be stored separately and clearly labeled 'Caution Sharps' in bold lettering (consider red colour).
- Choose your footwear carefully and be careful on weed covered rocks and gullies.
- Do not open any bottles or containers place them straight in a sack.
- Pressurised containers and gas bottle should be kept separate.
- Take care when lifting heavy items.
- A basic first aid kit on site is recommended.
- Be aware of your position on the beach especially with an incoming tide.
Beach Clean Tips
- Select a time, a meeting place and put the post code on your thread.
- Heavy duty rubble sacks are recommended-do not overfill.
- Agree a final destination point for sacks collected, walk out and work back towards it
- Lisa can arrange for fishing line to be recycled, if practical, please collect in a separate bag. (no hooks or end tackle). Packaged correctly (double bagged and in a cardboard box) it can be posted on to a recycling location (list will be provided)
- You can contact you local council to try to obtain free use of rubbish sacks, sack holders and litter pickers.
Beach cleaning locations and times (you can also use the map below)
|Seaford Beach||East Sussex||2pm||Meet at Buckle Car Park BN25 5QR|
|*Newhaven West Beach||East Sussex||10am||*** Provisionally moved to 25th March ***
Meet at West Beach car park (right had side) BN9 9HD
|Tregantle Whitsand Bay||Cornwall||1pm||PL11 3AZ|
Simply click on the Beach Clean map pins to display information.You can zoom in to a location using the +/- buttons and you can click-drag to pan the map.